The following is a brief executive summary of the Cullom Village Board for 2016
* The ADA compliant South-side Business District Sidewalk Replacement Project completed.
* Street Repair/Maintenance Rotation Program continued using MFT (Motor Fuel Tax) funds.
* Begin Alley Maintenance Rotation Program to gravel alleys.
* Street traffic control signs – two year project completed.
* Riprap added to grate/culvert at corner of Elm/Jeffery streets.
* Park Buildings – repaired leaks and holes, cleaned, organized and painted.
* Oversee painting outside Community Building and Business District buildings.
* Identified trees for removal by Ameren; continue tree trimming maintenance.
* Passed Ordinance for the replacement/construction of driveway or culvert construction within the Village limits.
* Established a new bookkeeping account “Tiling Account” with gaming tax revenue.
* Fire hydrants flushed two times and valve exercise maintenance continued.
* Annual sand filter maintenance completed.
* Tim Lovell earns Water Operator’s License, promoted to Public Works Supervisor.
* Water Treatment Plant nominated by Illinois Rural Water Association (NRWA) for Treatment Plant of the Year.
* Completed water drainage improvements on South Elm Street.
* Outstanding Improvement Award given to Bill Reiniche of Legends Automotive for upgrade of building at 165 West Jackson Street
* Passed Mediacom Franchise Ordinance to continue receiving revenue due to new State Law.
* Annual Audit completed
* Prevailing Wage, Appropriations and Tax Levy Ordinances completed with no tax increase.
* No increase in the garbage/water rates for 2017.
* Organized businesses to hold ‘Christmas on Main Street’.
Looking forward to another productive year in 2017 making Cullom a great place to live and work!